HIS Plumber offers a 3-year warranty on select recommended repairs. Where applicable, we offer our customers options on different level repairs that will each resolve the plumbing issue at hand. Any option that we suggest will be a good choice and one that we are happy to stand behind. However, as your plumber will explain to you, some choices may be more preventative than others when it comes to future plumbing problems.
If you choose to go with certain recommended repairs (typically the one that will best prevent future maintenance from being required), we will proudly offer a 3-year warranty. You can rest easy and have peace of mind with the knowledge that your plumbing needs have been expertly resolved.
There are a few limitations and restrictions to the 3-year warranty depending on the item which has been worked on. Each aspect of the plumbing system is different and will have different vulnerabilities. For the most part, so long as there is no evidence of misuse, the warranty will remain intact.
Limitations and Restrictions to 3-year warranty:
General Limitations and Restrictions:
- Warranty void if pressure exceeding 80 psi is present in the plumbing distribution system.
- Warranty does not protect against freeze breaks or freeze related problems.
- Warranty does not protect against any clogging of the drainage system or fixtures installed.
- Warranty does not cover any connections made to existing plumbing which are not up to code or require the use of a Sharkbite fittings or such fittings are present in the existing system.
Warranty does not cover connections made to the following piping materials:
- -Polybutylene Pipe
- -Nibco, Viega or Vanguard Pex pipe
- -Galvanized Pipe
- -Lead Pipe
- -Type M Copper installed underground or any Copper pipe on a Well system.
- -Cast Iron Pipe
Warranty does not apply to pressure reducing valves (PRV), washing machine valves, ice maker valves, hose bibs, fixture stops, fixture supply lines or new fixtures installed. These items are however covered under our full 1-year warranty.
Standard 1-year warranty limitations and restrictions:
1. Toilets: 1- year warranty
- Warranty void if in-tank cleaners have been used or pressure exceeds 80psi.
- Warranty valid only when a ball valve style stop is present at toilet.
2. New fixtures:
- Warranty does not protect against foreign objects entering garbage disposal or clogging of any kind.
- Warranty void when pressure exceeds 80psi.
- Warranty not applicable on fixtures we do not furnish.
- Warranty not applicable on non-standard repairs or as documented on service invoice.
- Warranty does not apply to pressure reducing valves (PRV) which are installed outside and underground
3. Sewage Ejectors and Sump Pumps:
- Warranty does not protect against clogging or foreign materials entering the sewage pits or sump pumps.
4. Circulation pumps and electric water heaters:
- Warranty void if evidence of power failure has caused overheating and burn out to pump or element of water heater.
- Warranty void if water has been turned off to house and evidence is cause of burn out.
5. Drain replacement or drain-pipe cleaning:
- Warranty does not protect against any clogging of the drainage system or fixtures installed. Though we will make every effort to properly resolve drain-pipe problems, including sewer cleaning, camera investigation and as necessary pipe replacement, we do not warranty future back up issues. Any further work required to be done in the evident of a subsequent drain problem or vent issue will incur additional charges.