Here are before and after photos of a recent job where a homeowner had installed his own water heater. Upon selling his house, the home inspector was spot-on in his evaluation that this was an unsafe installation and required a licensed plumber to address the problems.
1. The vent pipe is improperly installed and could potentially emit deadly carbon monoxide.
2. The existing expansion tank is waterlogged, not safely secured, and not functioning. All of these are safety violations.
3. The relief line, which must terminate safely within 6” of the floor to prevent scalding water from burning a person, is improperly installed.
4. Overall, this installation has no skill set.
In the picture taken after work, you can see that our licensed plumber professionally addressed all of these safety code violations. Because of this, the family who will move into this house can are now assured that they are protected and safe from what could have been an expensive, dangerous, and even deadly disaster.